Champing™ Booking Terms & Conditions
In these Booking Terms & Conditions references to “you” and “your” include the first named person on the booking and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made or any other person to whom a booking is added or transferred. “We” or “Us” means The Churches Conservation Trust Enterprise Limited (CCTEL) (company number 08125965), Society Building, 8 All Saints Street, London, N1 9RL. Please read these conditions carefully as they govern the relationship between us, and set out our respective rights and obligations.
1. Your booking must be for recreational purposes only. The property must not be used for gatherings, such as weddings or parties (except by prior written permission) or for business purposes (except by prior special arrangement).
2. The property will not be available before 3 pm on the first day of your booking and you must leave before 11 am on your last day. One exception to this is for parties booked at Swaffham Prior, where the departure time is 10.30 am.
3. The number of people occupying the church and its grounds must not exceed the maximum capacity indicated on the booking form.
4. You may bring up to three dogs to properties where dogs are allowed. They must be kept off the furniture and under proper control. No other pets are permitted.
5. No fireworks, wax candles, Chinese or sky lanterns (or other lights or illuminations which have naked flames) shall be used or let off from the property (including grounds within the church yard).
6. The cooking of food is not permitted inside the church or within the church grounds.
7. Whilst the information on our website is correct at the time of publishing, we reserve the right to change any of the prices, services, or other particulars contained in published information at any time before we enter into a contract with you.
8. Meals are provided through a third party at each Champing™ church.
9. The consumption of alcohol is permitted within the church building but not within the church yard. We request that all parties consuming alcohol are mindful that it remains a consecrated building within a community.
Contract and Warranties
10. Once we have accepted your booking and payment, a contract has been entered into, which includes these conditions and such contract is governed by English law. Payment of all required amounts when they are due is of the essence of the contract.
11. When you make a booking you warrant that you are over 18 years old and accept full responsibility for all persons who will use the property during the period booked and you have read all the Terms & Conditions.
12. CCTEL reserves the right to cancel your booking in any circumstances.
13. In circumstances where the Champing™ church you booked is later found to be not available for any reason, you have the option of a full refund or to accept a replacement booking from us of equivalent or similar standard and price (subject to alternative church availability).
14. We will let you know about any important changes to our third party meal venues when you book. If you have already booked, we will let you know as soon as we can prior to your stay.
15. Bookings must be for our normal booking period in 2018 between 26th March and 30th September, subject to church availability.
16. Regretfully we cannot accept reservation requests by email or via telephone message.
17. At the time of booking, you are required to pay the full cost of your stay. Email reminders and access information will be provided 14 days before your stay.
18. If your stay starts within 14 days of the date you make your booking, please contact us by email to confirm.
19. We cannot accept bookings less than 72 hours in advance of your stay.
20. Should any additional members of the group be added at a later date, it remains the responsibility of the lead name to ensure that any such members agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and are in receipt of all relevant information relating to the booking.
21. We will endeavour to meet any special requests advised to us at the time of booking and confirmed in writing. We do not accept bookings that are conditional upon any special request being met.
22. If you book via our website or have opted in other circumstances for us to contact you via email, we will communicate with you using the email address you have provided. We will assume that your email address is correct and that you understand the risks associated with using this form of communication.
23. All payments are made to Churches Conservation Trust Enterprises Ltd (CCTEL) and VAT is included at the prevailing rate. The VAT registered number for CCTEL is 163 2059 28. Our prices include VAT where appropriate. If VAT rates change, we reserve the right to amend our prices accordingly.
Conduct Whilst Champing™
24. We reserve the right to refuse to accept you as a customer or continue dealing with you if we, or another person in authority, believe your behaviour may become disruptive, threatening or abusive, or if you upset, annoy, disturb, or put our staff or volunteers in any risk or danger, on the telephone, in writing or in person, at any time. Whilst at the church during your stay, please ensure that your behaviour and those of your fellow champers is respectful of the holy nature of the consecrated building, the ancient building fabric and that appropriate behaviour is used whilst inside the church grounds. Playing ball games, using abusive language or shouting, smoking and drinking alcohol are strictly prohibited in each church yard at all times. For the purposes of this section reference to “you” or “your” includes any other person in your party.
Cancellation & Refunds
25. We may cancel a booking at any time before the date on which it begins. We would expect to do this only for essential building work or for some other reason unforeseen by us at the time your booking was accepted. In this unlikely event we shall refund in full all money received by us for the booking, but will not have any liability beyond this, and, without limitation of the foregoing, we will not have any liability for travel costs incurred by you in relation to the booking
26. If you cancel a booking for any reason, you must notify us in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
27. Cancellations advised to us by email before the two-week period prior to your stay will forfeit an administration and reletting fee of 33% of the full amount paid at the time of booking.
28. Cancellations advised to us by email less than 72 hours prior to your stay will forfeit the full amount paid to date.
29. If you have any issues concerning the property during your stay you should notify your Champing™ contact (whose name and telephone number will be detailed in the pre-arrival information sent to you prior to your stay) as soon as possible. CCTEL will not normally make any refunds in respect of complaints made after the customer’s departure from the property if the customer did not make the complaint or problem known to the local contact during the stay. In considering any complaint we will take into account whether we have been given the opportunity to investigate it and the chance to put matters right. Refunds following your stay will be at the full discretion of CCTEL.
30. We accept no liability for any works or activity of any sort occurring on any premises adjoining or neighbouring our property, but shall endeavour to advise you in advance of the likelihood of any such works or activity.
31. CCT, or agents thereof, may need access to the church during your stay. This is unlikely to happen, but if it does, we will give you as much warning as we can. There will be no need for you to stay in, since a CCTEL member of staff can accompany the visitor.
32. You may occasionally have members of the public wishing to visit the church during your stay; our open church policy encourages the flow of visitors at set times, between 10am and 6 pm. Full information regarding access will be provided to you prior to your stay and upon arriving at your Champing™ church you will be provided with the key. This key is for you to keep for the duration of your stay, it is expected that you will leave the church open during the daytime hours as stated above. A secure place will be advised to you prior to your stay for you to leave your valuables. For multi-night stays, we appreciate your ensuring that Champing equipment is tidied away and does not inhibit visitors’ experience. We trust that in the event of any conflict, the matter is resolved as civilly as possible.
Loss or damage
33. When you book, you agree to indemnify us against all loss and damage arising (including more than normally and reasonably anticipated amounts of cleaning) directly or indirectly to the property and its contents from any deliberate or negligent act or omission by yourself, or any person or animal accompanying you, and without limitation of the foregoing to pay us forthwith upon written demand our costs in making good any such loss and damage and cleaning. Where we have to make a claim the amount involved will reflect the cost of making good damage to historic and architecturally important buildings and furniture. The cost may include work by specialist craftspeople.
Limitation of Liability
34. Our liability to you and those accompanying you at the property is strictly limited to direct loss up to the amount paid by you on booking but this does not apply to our liability for
a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on our part;
c) anything else for which liability may not at law be excluded.
35. We shall not be liable to you at all for any indirect or consequential loss, whether caused by negligence, breach of contract or otherwise. We are also not liable to you for any noise or disturbance from neighbours or other activities outside the property (including agricultural and street noise).
36. If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect the booking arrangements of that person, please tell us before you confirm your booking in order that we can advise as to the suitability of the chosen booking.
37. We reserve the right to terminate a booking at any time if these conditions are not met in full.
Events beyond our control
38. Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions we regret that we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by reason of such events beyond our control. Events beyond our control include: war, threat of war, riots, civil disturbances, terrorist activity and its consequences, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, epidemics, health risks and pandemics, unavoidable and unforeseeable technical problems with transport for reasons beyond our control or that of our suppliers; closed or congested airports or ports, hurricanes and other actual or potential severe weather conditions, and any other similar events.
39. CCTEL, and its parent organisation the Churches Conservation Trust (charity number 258612) will not communicate with you about our work, events, offers and fundraising activities without your specific consent. We will not share your information with any other organisation.
40. We collect personal information when you visit our site, ask about our services, make a booking, or provide information voluntarily over the phone or by mail. – See more at: https://www.visitchurches.org.uk/privacy-cookies-security-policy.html#sthash.VcnIUNSx.ncqK37E1.dpuf
41. This information may include your name, address, contact details, date of birth, credit/debit cards, IP address, and how you interact with our website. By providing us with your personal data, you consent to the collection and use of any information you provide in accordance with the purposes stated below.
42. This use includes:
a) Administration of bookings
b) Creating a profile of your interests and preferences
c) Fulfilment of orders for goods and services
d) To improve our products and services or for marketing purposes
43. For full details please see more at: https://www.visitchurches.org.uk/privacy-cookies-security-policy.html#sthash.VcnIUNSx.dpuf 41. If you wish to alter the way we communicate to you at any time you can write to the address given in the title of this document, telephone the Data Controller on 0845 303 2760 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.